HSC have many years of experience in this sector and advise a wide and diverse range of charities, from the arts through to community care, from the very small to national organisations.
We are also familiar with the various specialised regimes that exist in this sector for example, those governing Housing Associations and Friendly and Industrial Provident Societies. We are careful to ensure that our clients comply with the necessary regulations but also take maximum advantage of any particular rules.
The charity sector faces constant change, including two new Statements of Recommended Practice but we ensure our staff stay abreast of all new reporting regulations as well as ensuring that they can recognise any specific requirements imposed by an individual charity’s own constitution.
We can provide advice on the best structure for your not for profit organisation whether it be a community interest company, charity or other.
We can assist you in the following areas:-
- Accounting including specific matters to charities such as SORP
- Audit and independent examination
- Trustees Annual Reports, Annual Returns and other Charities Commission requirements
- Reserves policy and accounting for separate funds
- Setting-up a new organisation: regulatory, taxation, and governance issues.
- Charity taxation generally, including VAT, maximising income through gift aid and charitable trading subsidiaries
- Employment issues including the engagement of workers and working with volunteers.
- VAT issues