You have worked hard all your life to build up your business and there has to come a point when you say to yourself enough is enough, it is time for me to retire. Here at HSC we can help you in deciding when you are personally financially comfortable and ready to exit your business. We will help you develop an exit strategy that suits your needs so that you can make a smooth and profitable exit from your business.
The retirement and exit planning process starts years in advance of your actual exit date. We will help you work through the options available to you. These could include:-
- Passing the business onto a family member
- Sell your business to a third party
- Management Buy Outs or Management Buy Ins
- Informal winding up
- Company purchase of own shares
Depending on your chosen exit route there are several different exit strategies that can be put into place. For example if you are looking for a third party sale we will be looking to maximise the company value at the point of sale.
Here at HSC we can provide assistance in this process through:-
- Strategic advice in the years leading up to your exit
- Tax planning to ensure you cash in on all the effort and years of hard work in the most efficient way possible.
- Management accounting to monitor the business performance in the lead up to your exit
- Employment taxes and incentives if you are looking to pass the business onto your existing work force.
- Pension advice