Buying a business can be a great way to expand, tap into new customers or provide opportunities for business diversification. In the industry this is known as mergers and acquisitions (M&A).
Acquisitions are, however, not without challenges. Many fail to live up to expectations due to poor strategic fit, lack of an integration plan or failure to identify potential problems with the quality of earnings. Finding the right business to acquire can involve a lot of time and effort in assessing opportunities. In this time, the successful business seeking to expand can take their eye off the ball in their own business.
We can also provide advice to management teams considering undertaking a Management Buy Out (MBO).
We can help you to decide if growth by acquisition is the best route for your business and work with you to overcome any potential obstacles.
Our services include:-
- Developing an acquisition strategy
- Identifying suitable targets
- Assessment of targets and pricing
- Finance raising and funding
- Due diligence
- Advising on deal structures from tax and commercial aspects
- Negotiating with the vendor and their advisors