These are being extended and aim to bring together various HMRC compliance and enforcement teams for what they delightfully call “intensive bursts of activity targeted at specific sectors and locations where there is evidence of high risk of tax evasion”.
Five new taskforces have been announced, with more promised, and if you run a business within any of the following (or you know someone who does) it could be a wise move to talk to us now so we can check that if there is any HMRC compliance activity it will not be a problem:
1. Scrap metal dealers in Scotland.
2. Construction traders who are self-employed or run their own company in the North West and North Wales.
3. Taxpayers not submitting their statutory returns across Corporation Tax, Income tax Self Assessment, PAYE and VAT in the South East.
4. Fast food outlets in Scotland.
5. Landlords with three or more properties in the North West and North Wales.