VAT is one of the most complex areas of tax legislation. The cost of mistakes can be very high and a proactive approach is required to ensure that businesses keep within the many rules and regulations.
Here at HSC we offer a number of VAT services to ensure you don’t end up paying the wrong amount of VAT. We split our VAT services into two sections, VAT compliance and VAT planning. Please see below for a list of our services:-
Compliance services include:-
- Assistance with VAT registration
- VAT control and reconciliation of your VAT account
- Help with completing VAT returns
- Providing assistance in negotiations with HMRC
Planning services include:-
- Advice of the most suitable VAT scheme for your business
- International trading and VAT implications
- Land and property including options to tax
- Acquisitions and disposals
- Group relief
We offer a VAT health check so that you can be confident that any Inspection by HM Revenue & Customs should not reveal any significant errors giving you peace of mind. It will also highlight if there are any areas were savings can be made. This normally consists of a two hour meeting followed by a short report.
We can also undertake tailor made training courses to enable staff to identify common VAT errors generally enhance the participant’s knowledge of VAT.